Spiced Carrots Recipe
While many of us enjoy eating raw carrots as part of our salads or eating them wholly, most of us avoid cooked carrots. Now, cooked do not have to be dull and unflavoured. You’ll agree when you relish this delightfully tasty carrots recipe with five spices.
For the best flavour, slice the carrots very thinly either in strips like matchsticks or in diagonal slices. It serves 4 and you can serve it hot or cold. Just make sure that the carrots are not overcooked and are not too soft.
- l ½ cup water
- l 8 medium sized carrots peeled and sliced diagonally (1/2 inch thick) or cut into the size of large matchsticks
- l ¾ tbsp. ground cumin
- l 1 cinnamon stick
- l ½ tbsp. ground ginger
- l ¼ tbsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- l ¼ tbsp. ground coriander
- l tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Bring water to boil in a heavy 10-inch skillet and add carrots and the spices.
- Lower the heat so that the liquid bubbles very gently and then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and add the honey and lemon juice.
- Increase the heat to high and boil until most of the liquid is evaporated and the carrots are just tender – for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove before serving them hot or cold.