Cheese Blini Recipe
Paper-thin pancakes, filled with cottage cheese mixture that is lightly are the perfect finger food for parties and get-togethers. For an appealing look, you can roll them up or fold them into triangles and then artfully arrange them in plates.
Garnish and top them up with a few mint leaves and a dollop of apricot preserves and a perfect snack for the festive evening is ready! Here’s how to make perfect cheese blini. Makes 8 blini.
- ½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low fat milk
- ¼ tsp. margarine
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Combine all-purpose flour and salt in a medium–size bowl.
- Combine milk and egg white is a small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the milk & egg mix into it and mix so that it just combines well.
- Grease the bottom of the skillet with margarine and set the flame to moderately high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter while rotating the pan to make a thin pancake.
- Cook until set (30 seconds). Flip and again cook for 30 seconds or until it is golden.
- Transfer the batter to a plate and top it with a sheet of wax paper. Repeat until all the batter is used.l In a blender, mix the cottage cheese, honey, ginger and cinnamon for about one minute.
- Spread each blini with a tablespoon of the cheese mixture – fold in half and then fold in half again and roll.
- You can now serve the blini as is or you can garnish with some breadcrumbs.