If you are looking for healthy, tasty and easy appetizers for the party, chocolate snowballs are the perfect hors–d’oeuvres that are light and luscious and are loved by everyone.
Especially if you have kids on the guest’s list, they’ll surely fall in love with the chocolate snowballs. Here’s how to make them. Makes 4 (78 calories) servings.
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 1 envelope chocolate shake mix
- 3-4 large ice cubes
- ½ cup of frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut
- A few mint springs
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let it stand for about a minute or until it is softened.
- Stir over low heat until the gelatin is fully dissolved and then let it cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine milk, chocolate shake mix and the gelatin mixture. Cover the blender and start processing on low speed adding the ice cubed one at a time.
- Next, process on high speed until the mixture starts to thicken.l Transfer the contents to a bowl and blend in whipped topping. Scoop into ¼ cup round molds and chill for several hours.
- Unmold into deserved cups and garnish with coconut flakes whipped topping and mint leaves before serving.