Cream Cheese / Butterscotch Squares Recipe
A rich and satisfying dessert is all that makes the difference when it comes to enjoying your festive suppers.
These cookie-like squares are perfect for all occasions and are a ‘happy ending’ treat with their buttery crumb crusts and are sure to provide a sweet finale to your family and guests. Makes 16 cookies.
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ softened butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°
- Beat the brown sugar and butter in a medium-size bowl until light and fluffy. To this, add the biscuit mix while stirring
- and until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of this mixture into a lightly greased 8×8 inch pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- In a blender, blend cream cheese and sugar and add the milk, vanilla and egg and blend until smooth.
- Spread this over the hot, baked mixture and sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove.
- Let it cool and cut into squares and keep in the refrigerator until served.