Most Dangerous Foods in the World

558

Food items like some fruits and leafy greens might seem tempting. But you have to proceed with caution before eating these most dangerous foods as they contain toxics that negatively have an effect on your overall health.

Surprisingly, they are part of a daily meal for most of the people and are even served in some restaurants. Here is the list of some of the dangerous foods that you should avoid.

Fugu Fish

This is one of the best known poisonous foods still consumed by many, especially in Japan. It is also called as puffer fish or blow fish. Most of this fish’s internal organs like liver and intestines contain a poisonous compound that is 1200 times more poisonous than cyanide.

Blood Clams

These are very hard to find and specially harvested in some regions of the Gulf of Mexico, Pacific and the Arctic. As they live in low water environments, they ingest more bacteris and viruses and cause dysentery, typhoid and hepatitis A. Those culled from China are even more dangerous.

Raw Cashews

Every likes a handful of cashews form the shelves of the grocery stores. But when raw, they actually contain a fatal substance called urushoil. Some cashews are even stored after removing the toxic kernels by boiling them in hot water.

Hákarl – Shark Meat

Meat derived from this Greenland shark is considered dangerous because it doesn’t have a urinary tract and all the waste and toxic substances from its prey are completely ingested inside its flesh. However, the meat is fermented for at least six months before it is safe to eat.

Popcorn from Microwaves

Bags of crunchy popcorn are really irresistible whether you’re inside a movie theatre or watching your favourite TV soap at home. But popcorn is lined with the chemical perfluorooctanoic acid which can cause cancer and infertility. Its oil also contains trans-fats that are really bad for one’s health.

Ackee Fruit

The ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica. But it is indigenous to West Africa. The fruit, if eaten before it is fully ripe can cause severe vomiting and nausea at is contains a poisonous substance called hypoglycin. Only the flesh of the fruit can be eaten when it is fully ripe and pops out itself.