Mushroom Puffs Recipe
These toasty party puffs are sure to fit the bill if you are looking for some dramatic party fare.
Simply spread the creamy mushroom filling on party bread slices and then pop them briefly under the broiler and they are ready! Makes about 4 dozen canapés. Here’s how to make them.
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms (cleaned and diced)
- 3 tbs. butter
- 24 Oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 small, finely chopped onion
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbs. minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Party bread slices
- Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet and sauté the mushrooms and sliced onion over medium heat while stirring occasionally until they are golden.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolks, parsley and the seasonings together until smooth.
- Stir in the mushroom-onion mixture until it is well combined.
- Spread the mix evenly on party bread slices and sprinkle with paprika and broil for 1 or 2 minutes or until they are lightly browned and puffed.
- Remove and serve immediately.