Sky Diving is an adventure sport designed for people who love to explore the world as it seems from the sky up above.
It basically uses the principle of free fall by exiting an aircraft specially created for sky diving and then landing the earth by a gravitational pull with the help of a parachute. It is one of the famous recreational activity and also used for military expeditions. A sky diving activity is generally performed by a commercial operation or a club where the aircraft takes a group of people up in the air for a prescribed fee. When the skydiver exits the aircraft or the helicopter, he/she free-falls in the air and the parachute is deployed after the diver reaches a designated height from the ground and then he/she can control the direction of the parachute. The landing is generally safe if all the instructions are followed and the diving is done under professional guidance. Here is the beginners guide to Sky Diving.
Sky Diving Gear
- A professional parachute attached with the help of a harness.
- A skydiving jumpsuit which will protect your clothing from the high winds and also from the shrubs or hardness of the ground.
- The AAD (Automatic Activation Device) do deploy the parachute even if you do not pull the ripcord.
- Altimeter, to indicate when you should pull the ripcord to deploy the parachute if you are doing it manually.
- A handy, portable, lightweight camera that can be fitted to your suit to click the images or make a video of your dive.
- A helmet to protect your head from the injury.
- Padding and spinal to protect you from the injury while landing.
- Skydiving Goggles.
Safety & Precaution
- Always carefully listen to your diving instructor and follow all the instructions.
- When you are diving in a group, you should communicate and discuss the order of jump and ensure there is a proper distance between two jumps.
- Try and avoid the time of parachute deployment to clash with fellow divers. This will avoid collision of the parachutes and ensure safe flying.
- While landing, follow the lead and be with the group.
- When going to diving, choose the appropriate gear as mentioned. Also, ensure that you are comfortable with the attire and then go ahead with it.
- Secure the helmet and the padding according to your size.
- Make sure the harness is fit properly and is in a good condition.
- Do not dive if you have medical problems, if you are, get yourself checked and verified if you are good to go.
- Do not be overexcited, keep your calm and pay attention to the instructors.
Best Sky Diving Destinations in the world
- Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Wollongong, Sydney, Australia
- Hawaii, USA
- Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia
- Seville, Spain
- Le Marche, Italy
- Desert Jump, Namibia
- Fox Glacier, New Zealand
- The Mount Everest, Nepal
- Interlaken, Switzerland