Does the underwater world amaze you? Do you imagine yourself in the movie ‘Finding Nemo’ and go on an adventure under deep waters? Well, you can get a glimpse of the hidden secrets of the sea or calm waters by going scuba diving! Scuba diving is an underwater diving technique in which the diver uses SCUBA- Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus to breath under the water.
In this kind of diving, the diver carries the breathing apparatus with himself which is usually compressed air. The scuba diver attaches fins attached to the feet which help him/her to ensure mobility as swift as a fish! Here is the beginners guide to Scuba Diving.
Scuba Diving Gear
It is important to choose the right gear while you go diving. The right gear will help you make it a better experience. The gear includes masks, regulators, fins and wetsuits. Choose from the following range of gears
- Tropical scuba equipment (used to dive in warm and clear waters).
- Temperature scuba equipment (for moderate temperature waters).
- Cold water scuba equipment ( for water cooler than 15 degree Celsius).
- Tech diving scuba equipment (for professional scuba divers beyond the generalized recreational diving enthusiasts).
Safety & Precaution
While scuba diving is an alluring and a must-have experience of a life–time, it is important to take some safety measures while you are on this expedition.
- The basic safety measure while scuba diving is to breathe the right gas. A little practice before going under waters is must for proper use of the breathing equipment. Also, it is important that you take deep, steady and calm breaths every time you breathe.
- Another important safety measure is to choose the right diving gear and the right guide which you feel to be comfortable with.
- When you are doing it for the first time, do not go into deep waters, start with a moderate one and then you can explore the latter with experience of diving.
- While the anxiety and fear might increase your pulse rate, you should try and keep it down by focusing on the alluring sight and not being scared of the waters.
- The most definite instruction to any scuba diver is to control the breathing moment, so spend some good yoga time prior to your diving plan.
Best Scuba Diving Destinations in the World
While scuba diving is now commonly available in a number of rivers and water reservoirs with the amazing underwater world, here are some of the best places to Scuba Dive around the world
- Blue heron bridge, Riveria beach, Florida, USA
- Kona Mantas, Hawaii, USA
- Nakwakto rapids, British Colombia, Canada
- Point Lobos, Carmel, California, USA
- Whale sharks, Isla Mujeros, Mexico
- Darwin’s arch, Galapagos, Ecuador
- Pulau Sipadan, Malaysia
- Similan Islands, Thailand
- Andaman Islands, India